Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wonderland

To be anywhere but here, in this place where everything is upside down
Like Alice spiraling into wonderland, nothing makes sense in this place
Up is now down and down went sideways.

Where do i go from here?
How should i feel about this place?

My whole being tingles with emotion just under the surface, planning an explosive attack
Many casualties, no survivors.
My heart feels like each beat is another step towards leaping completely out of my chest.
Like it might flash me a peace sign as is walks away from me, leaving a hole.

Amid the war brewing inside i try to sing myself a song
"its all gonna be okay, its all gonna be okay"
This brings no comfort because i am still Alice and my body is still at war by the end of the tune.
So then what is left to do?
Do i accept defeat and allow myself to make a home in wonderland?
Will my body actually implode?

And God?
What is He doing?
Why am i in this place?
He is ahead of me on our journey, around a bend where i can't see Him.
I don't know where to go.
I don't know what to do.
I am scared, alone.

What does it look like to worship in this place?
Because even though i can't see God doesn't mean He doesn't deserve my worship.
A silent reverence, a loud song, a broken prayer, sucking carpet?
What brings Him glory in this place?
There is no set protocol for worship in wonderland.
It doesn't require a set list, a schedule.
It is a groaning, a tear, utter surrender
Like the woman who feeds Elijah, the last is given
A song is formed without catchy lyrics or a sweet rhythm
Wonderland worship is a raw response to the power and glory of a most high God that,
even when up is down and down is sideways, needs to be praised and must be glorified.
Because the truth is, He is making wonderland a beautiful place even when Alice can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment