Monday, January 18, 2010

The Meadow (12/13)

I can see You in the meadow,
see you among the dew that is dancing playfully on the tips of the grasses, the leaves.
Your arms are outstretched awaiting an embrace.
Those arms so full of love and acceptance.
But I falter, I do not move.
I want to dance today but i'm so confused.
The distance between us is filled with my confusion.
Deep reds, grays, and blues, circle in the air.
What has happened?
Is it true that i barely know you?
My words break the silence like shattering glass.
You look at me with complete understanding in your eyes and I know you want me to change.
But i'm unmoved.
But what about my plan? My life? I like what i have.
Still you wait.
Again shattering glass.
The tears start streaming down my face and collect in a little pool at my feet.
I look towards you and realize that you are crying too.
Do you really feel my pain?
Do you really know how much it hurts?
The kind of hurt that torments the very core of your being and leaves a gaping hole in the midst of your heart.
At first i don't hear you because i only have ears to hear myself, but then i hear it,
a soft,clear, beautiful whisper.
"Remember my son."
The words hang in the air among the colors of confusion,
waiting to be understood.
I don't move, don't speak, just let the tears fall.
I let the emotion wash over me like a tidal wave, engulfing every part of me.
Then i realize that it's not just my tears that are collecting in the pool,
Yours are there too.
I look up to see you right beside me.
Holding my hand and crying with me.
The colors of confusion drift away
and all that remains are the words of love that you say to me.
They are everywhere, all across the meadow, encircling my body, whispering in the wind, everywhere.
So you do love me.
Your eyes are smiling now and again you are standing with your arms outstretched
and you understand.
Again you smile.
"Remember my son."

No comments:

Post a Comment